Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2003, 01:59 AM

Default I\'m back baby

I know I've been making a few replies over here on the SS, but I just this week moved up to 2/4 so I'm back posting my own hands here for criticism and ridicule. ;

All hands 2/4 Party:

Hand 1

I'm UTG+1 and open-raise with AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Two MP coldcallers, CO 3-bets, folded back to me, I call, call, call. 4 to the flop for 13 SB.

Flop is [ 9d, Ah, Th ]

I bet, call, fold, CO raises. I call, remaining MP calls. 3 to the turn for 19 SB.

Turn is Ks making the board [ 9d, Ah, Th, Ks] . Check, check, CO bets, I think and fold...

Hand 2

UTG+1, CO-1, and CO all limp and I raise with AKo on the button. SB folds, BB and all 3 limpers call. 5 to flop for 10 SB.

Flop is 7, 9, K rainbow. BB bets, all 3 limpers call and I raise. BB, UTG+1, and CO-1 all call, but now the CO makes it 3-bets. Right now I don't have much of a read on the CO, I haven't been at the table long and they haven't done anything noteworthy. Anyway, I call as do the others. 5 to the turn for 25 SB.

Turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] putting two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s on the board.

Checked to the CO who bets, and I fold...

Hand 3

Same table as the last hand, most of the players are nice, loose-passive types.

I'm UTG and limp with AJo. 4 limpers to the SB who raises. BB calls. SB has been very loosey-goosey with his raises since I got to the table so I decide to try something and I reraise. One of the 4 limpers folds and the other 3 call the 2-bets back to the SB who caps it. The BB now gives up and folds. The rest of us call and there are 5 of us to the flop for 22 SB.

The flop is [ 3h, 9s, 4d ].

SB checks. I bet one player folds and the rest call. 4 to the turn for 26 SB.

The turn is the Qs for a board of [ 3h, 9s, 4d, Qs ].

SB checks, I bet and all call. 4 to the river for 17 BB.

River is 2c for a board of [ 3h, 9s, 4d, Qs, 2c ].

It gets checked around and the SB takes it down with K3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The other two players had JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and A2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving one a straight-flush draw on the turn and the other the nut flush draw.

FYI, I think I was way out of line betting the turn here. What I'm really interested in is what you guys think of the limpreraise with AJo given where the raise came from and the texture of the table. The more I think about it the more like it, but I might be insane.