Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2003, 11:02 PM

Default A,J Grossly Overplayed and Badly Played?

The Rodeo is in town and today, a cowboy roped some of the Babe's chips. Game is a very good 20-40 at the Mirage. Cowboy is having a rip roaring time and playing any two for any amount. He really wants to shoot dice, but thought he would stop by the poker room first. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] He has shown us K,10 off, 6,4 suited and a J,8 when this hand comes up.

I open raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in late middle position. Folded to the cowboy in the sb who calls. Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Cowboy bets and I raise, he 3 bets, I make it 4 and he makes it 100 now. Although we are heads up, I decide maybe I am behind to 2 pair or even a set, so I just call the 5th bet (who folds here?). Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Cowboy bets right out and I raise. He stops for a second and says "ok, well, if you really have a set of Jacks, I just call" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. The river is a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Cowboy now bets out again, which seems in direct opposition to his comment on the last street about my possible set of Jacks. Well, "hot damn...", I think, he's got a set for sure and he was just taunting me like a Rodeo clown might do to a bull. I figure raising the river serves no purpose as he will call anyway and I am not folding for one more bet here. Cowboy shows me pocket 7's and lassos my chips.

Comments welcome.

LGPG and Giddy UP.

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]