Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2003, 01:39 PM

Default Strategy discussion - party 15-30

I rarely play Party Poker's 15-30 game because I generally don't like the 2/3 chip blind structure. Anyway, I decided to play the past weekend seeing so many games are available. In the 15 hours of so I played, I didn't have the best poker experience of my life, though I did win.

There is plenty of action in those games. Sometimes too much. Many people are capable of pulling stunts in later streets like raise or check-raise bluffs on turn and river. The amount of mis-information and mis-representation is high. The games are loose aggressive with a good number of good players in too.

The strategic questions are,
<ul type="square"> [*]How should one select a table, biggest average pot or other factors? (all table selection suggestions / practices are welcome)
[*]Should you adjust to different Loose-Aggressive games, and if so, how? Reason I ask is that I found there are too LAG game types loose aggressive pre-flop and flop vs. loose aggressive all the way.
[*]What percentage of hands do one normally play in these 15-30 Party games (and beat it, of course)?
[*]What in general works better, straight forward play or tricky play (against callers, against tricky aggressive bad players, and good players)?[/list]
Thanks.

Kenny