Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Blowing a $600 profit in under 5 minutes- how bad did i play? $200

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 seems fine.

1 and 2 are overly aggro. for no reason. 2 is close but for sure 1 is silly. You're treating the short stack here like you would in a tourney. This is a cash game though so it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you pot the flop (wich you should) you are getting a gazillion-1 odds on the call after villain pushes, just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to bet pot here. The reason you raise so much PF is because of the limpers.

Now that it's HU, I think you can fire out $10-$15 and it doesn't look weak. Then he'll fold or call with his overcards and when a blank falls on the turn you push. If he pushes on the flop, call. I just don't see why you need to bet $50 for $20. Again, this isn't a tourney.

This pot is getting built to 35BB's HU before the opponent has acted on the turn for no discernable reason? Stop being so afraid of overcards hitting on the turn/river.

And if he has JJ, QQ, KK, AA, you are drawing slim. Throwing $50 at $20 in a cash game just seems silly. Check/pushing makes more sense than open-pushing.