Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: QQ out of position on a rag flop

Scubba, it is my intention to get with a Math professor and find out what the chances of players at a 9 person table one holding QQ and another holding KK or AA, or one holding KK the other AA, I think it's is not very good, probably .08% that's the calculation I came up with based off of my own math, but I'm not sure if my formula was set right

I think its likely, in fact probable based on the large river bet, your Villian was holding K,10, it's hard to say, but if you're asking for my opinion, I don't mind your play at all, excepts for the check on the turn, it would have given a drawing hand a chance to get there and in this case they did on the Kc which came on the river (given the $125 bet on the turn, I doubt he was on a drawing hand) Also at a 5 person table, what do you think the chances that your Queens were not good on the turn? I don't think it's very likely he had AA or KK, make a value bet on the turn

You correctly folded on the river, in my opinion