Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Flopped a set, board showing flush draw

First post here, so I apologize for my newbness. Tried searching for a similiar situation with no success. Unfortunately, I also don't have the hand history. Fortunately it's a fairly simple round, so I'll try to make it as clear and concise as I can by hand.

5-handed game, I'm on the button.

I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Two limpers come in ahead of me, and I make the standard 6*BB bet. I get two callers: one has about the same size stack, the other is about 1.5 times my stack. This is only about my 5th hand at the table; neither appear to be LAG, and are probably either TAG or TP.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Both check.

What should I do? Blocking bet doesn't seem to make much sense if they're one [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] away from the flush. I can push and hope that no one is slow-playing the flush he flopped, or I can check and play wait and see.

Thoughts?