Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 01:44 PM

Default $100NL 1/2 cardroom SUPER LAG

Last night, I played 1/2 NL in a cardroom. 10% rake up to $5, min. buyin $40, max. buyin $100.

Anyway, I am mostly curious about my style of play in this particular game and what you guys think would be the best style to maximize profit.

Early on, action was insane. One guy called a $65 all-in with 53s. Another guy called a $25 preflop OOP raise with JT. You get the idea. As the game went on, the action settled a little bit with $12-$20 preflop raises being standard and usually 3-4 limpers per pot.

Some of the guys in this game were calling [censored] down with middle or bottom pair with horrible kickers. One guy called half his stack with A2 hoping to catch an ace on the turn or river. There was a raise, reraise, and an all-in and the next guy to act was SERIOUSLY conflicted about whether or not to play QJo.

I've never actually seen a game this soft or loose before. So I played really tight. My cards were pretty [censored] for about four hours so I didn't any chances to really play but I was wondering what you guys think is the best strategy in a game like this.

I hoped to wait for good cards like AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AK, AQs, and AQ and a few others if circumstances were good. Since my cards were super cold all night, I only got three of those hands in six hours. Is it correct to open up my play a little more? Calling $12 preflop raises with ATs, KTs, KJs, QJs and [censored] like that?

I was more afraid of playing hands that could easily be dominated but after reflecting on the game, these people would call to the end with such trash that I wonder if it would still be profitable.

Ideas? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.