Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2003, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Round2 , little less luck this time

[ QUOTE ]
And if they're on draws, what makes you think they'll bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the UTG was possibly on a draw

Rasoning:
The SB 3bet the preflop making me think AA-TT AKs/o,AQs or something of that nature, of those hands I can only see JJ and TT backing off after that flop so I think its acceptable to count on the SB to bet out on the turn unless a really scary card hits
Also he bet out after a preflop cap indicating either he hit the flop or had aces (AK,AQ,KQ,AA,QQ The reason I include QQ is that by betting out here if I have AA I'm going to raise him and he can 3bet me also maybe getting rid of the UTG, kind of a double deception and definitely how I'd play QQ from his position)

as for this particular time, I definitely got more bets the way I played it, I was able to raise the turn and the river and get both players to call the whole way. (also note the Q2's smooth call on the flop, he was obviously passive but just didnt want the river to check around) BUT that doesn't mean it was correct like Tilt said.

I wonder what a simulator could tell us?

can anyone
-set up the SB with any viable 3bet preflop hand
set the UTG with ANY 2 cards
set up the button(me) with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Stack the flop to be Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
and run it like 100,000 times