Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Gaming Club Poker -- some positives and some negatives

My comments for the Zoo - and also the GC guy:

I sure did not intend or plan to play at GC. It was the generous bonus offer, the many posts here, the special deal for us, and also I was trying to pay cup back some taf $ I owed him.

POSITIVES:

The many bonus offers worked fine. Won a (very) little on the site. Cashout back to Neteller took 2 days.

GC guy participation on this forum was a plus - answering questions and asking our opinions. The OIC contest and the other 2+2 players added a lot to the games. The other players (many Danes and Swedes) were great fun to talk with. Seemed like the Swedes were always polite and the Danes were sometimes a little cranky.

Game selection was a mixed item. Limit holdem usually had only 1 or 2 tables of full ring games, but the variety of other games was unusual. Had never seen Pot Limit 5 card stud before.

E-mail support was ok. Usually a prompt "auto-response" then a real response about a day later. These were usually helpful and did address any concern or question.

NEGATIVES:

I sure did not like the software. Realize this is a "Prima or a Microgaming" issue and not the fault of GC. The sign us process and screen was cumbersome. Once in, the screens were slow to load. Very time consuming to get from screen to screen. The "waiting list" and "go to table" was also a little tough to work with. The game screen and options were a little clunky. The little buttons, etc. I'm sure GC has a big list of these things to work on with Prima.

Cash out was a confusing adventure---as mentioned on the forum a few times. When trying to cash out I would try to get to the "Bank" screen, but would always get the message; "Setup in progress--Please be patient". Then nothing would happen. Once in, I was trying to cash out (in?) back to neteller. But---it made me fill in some form as though it would mail a check. Confusing, but I had seen it discussed on the forum. And the Neteller payment did come through.

All-in abuse was very obvious to me once so I reported it and told them the hand number. Received a response the next day but not what I expected. The abuser was NOT a GC player - he was signed up from another Prima site. All GC could do was say they were going to report it to Prima.

Raked hands calculation was my biggest negative with the GC site and this is probably a Prima issue too. I am used to the counting a player IN for a raked hand if he is dealt in. Thats how Stars, Paradise, UB, Party(etc) and True calculate it. I had specifically NOT signed up at WSEX because of their way of counting only "contributed" hands. (too tight pre-flop, too tight pre-flop, yes, I know) Well, obviously now we know that GC uses some method of "contributed to the pot" calculation to count a player in for a raked hand. I personally hate this method, and will not play at another site that uses it. But, it sure took GC a while to honestly answer all our questions about how they were counting these.

So, there's my comments. Now GC guy, does this disqualify me from a couple of those snazzy GamingClub Poker chips when you get them?