Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Official High Boltage Thread (SD-Indy)

Some actual real strategy talk:

I thought the Chargers offensive gameplan was quite interesting. They started the game with a bunch of short throws. I think after their first to plays it was something like 13-14 passes to 6-7 runs. Most of the passes were ome and three stop drops. However, on any three step drop Brees was letting the ball go immediately. They seemed to accept that the Colts pass rush was too good.

The running game is where I thought things got really interesting. The chargers did not rush for a lot of yards, however there were a few times were LT had one LB to beat for a long gain. I am estimating that 50-65% of the Chargers runs were a variation of a draw. They had Brees faking the 1 and 3 step drop quick throws and then handing it off.

The Chargers brought in a brilliant game plan, both offensively and defensively. They acknowledged that their offensive line could not play a normal game against the colts D-line and their adjusments worked reasonably well. I'll be interested to see a team with a better offensive utilize some of the gameplanning that SD did today.

And for those blaming the loss on the Colts playing bad- BS. The Chargers physically whipped them in the first half. The Chargers get all the credit for dominating them. Saying the Colts just "played bad"- watch a whole football game, that's a complete joke.