Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 10:51 PM

Default 50/100 lost my opponent on the turn

I played this hand last week but its kinda been bothering me so I though I'd post it. I didnt send myself the HH (party 50) but here it is:

Folded around to me in the CO with KQ of clubs. I raise and the button 3-bets. The button is a regular and probably a 2+2er who seems soild. He loves to 3-bet me light judging from our past experience together in this game. Of course all good players will usually always 3-bet or fold here, but I just think he gets carried away with me. He has to know I'm a tight player but must think I'm weak postflop.

So the flop comes down K 3 K, no 2-flush. I check-raise him and he 3-bets, I cap. Turn is a rag and he folds when I bet. I cant help but think he got away from a medium pocket pair type hand and saved himself $200. I just was worried that if I didnt cap and went for a check-raise on the turn instead, that he would check behind. I dont want him wiggling away from me next time. Other ways to play this hand?

Thanks,
Mike Emery