Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Vulnerable hand in multiway pot...

Button is solid. MP is loose spazzy moron, about 55% VPIP. SB is loose-passive moron (36/12).

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

I'm not concerned about MP's limp cap. He's a moron capable of doing this with any hand that he'd limp here. Think suited aces, suited connectors, those type of hands. That's what I think the most frequent holding is.

Flop: (16.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero...

I have button on a pair and a heart draw. SB and MP could have naked Kings or lower pairs with weak heart draws. With this many people in we're running out of strong hearts for them all to be drawing to though. And the flush is always a remote possibility for MP or button (SB probably doesn't slowplay non-nut flushes because he's vulnerable).

At the time I was thinking about the Overpair hand example from SSH, in how the turn card largely determines my pot equity. However, where he advocates waiting for the turn to raise he doesn't have a strong redraw like I do. So, how does that alter the concept? Should I go ahead and just pump the flop since my draw is roughly equally strong (but to a better hand) and a lot of the times I don't need to improve?