Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Certainly there\'s a better line

I'd rather fold preflop. You will sometimes be up against a bigger pocket pair, you're not getting odds to hit a set, ten of the 12 remaining non set cards are overcards, your out of position and against a hyper-aggressive postflop player so it will often be hard to tell if your ahead or not.

That being said, if your going to take the lead preflop with a three-bet, it seems to me the plan would then be to continue betting on every street no matter what comes, at least until you get raised on a big street. Three betting the flop and folding to a cap might be another continuation plan.

I actually don't like this plan as it seems like a 50-50 crapshoot at best. But being OOP with an aggressive opponent might skew the odds to less than 50% as you might win less when you win and lose more when you lose. But if your not going to do something similar, I think the preflop three bet is wasted as you will be folding the best hand sometimes.