Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: when the right play looks like a donkey play

Ok, I didn't think people were gonna take me seriously since this is the STT forum but I guess I will post for real.

The preflop raise IMO is good. Anyone who says it is horrible because he gives 3:1 odds to call does not understand the gap concept, the value of position, deception and most importantly bubble-play mentality. There are many instances in MTTs where it's right to fold even when getting great odds because of the chip situation, and for the BB this is one of them.

OP said slightly above min-raise was the table standard and WAS WORKING, so a button raise is +EV. If you disagree, GTFO of this thread.

On the flop, I think it's either between making a continuation bet or pushing. I personally would have pushed from the get-go but whatever. The way it played out, hero has a few options, depending on villain's plans:

-if villain plans to push the turn: Fold now.
-if villain can check the turn: Call the flop raise, push either the turn or river.

Like I said before, in the latter situation, villain is gonna need a really strong hand to call. That is all.