Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2003, 04:23 AM

Default confidence issue...how do you guys feel about losing

I play in a really lose 10-20 game. I am most certainly a winning player, and i expect to win every time i play. I realize that this is not possible, especially in a lose game where AK doesnt win often enough and 89s is good as gold. The other players are terrible. They will call with gut shots and underpairs to the river hoping to hit their sets. As you can probably guess, bad beats are a dime a dozen. In such a game, you can easily win 1000 and lose just as much playing high quality cards. My problem is that every time i lose in such a game, i begin to doubt myself. Am i really good, or am i just another delusional wanna-be who thinks that he can play better than everyone else. How can i be really good if i still occasionally lose to these clowns. I understand that my thinking is a bit off, but i was just wondering if other people feel like maybe they are no so good whenever they walk away a loser from a really good game. Also, what percentage of the time can a really good player expect to win. This question is more aimed towards tommy angelo, cleirkmeister, and the like. How do the those players that play for a living and are obviously the best player at the table all the time feel about losing.
Though I'd put this out there because even though playing poker is pays my rent, my lease, and puts food on my plate, i still sometimes feel like a loser......especially when i am by far the best player at the table.....
thanks to everyone for replying,
vitaly