Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 09:21 PM

Default 2 Hands UB .50/1

Long time lurker, first time poster. These are a couple of hands that I played in the last few days on Ultimate Bet that are probably pretty basic to most of you guys.

Hand No. 1:

Villain and I have been playing HU at a table that has just lost some players for about 10 minutes. In that span I am probably up about $35 on him, mostly by taking pots down with aggression and not showing any cards. Villain has not re-raised preflop before this time and has not done anything unusual yet. Villain has $170 and I cover him.

I pick up 88 on the button and bring in for $3.50. Villain re-raises to $18.50. I call (???)

Flop (Pot $39): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets $11. My first thought is KK, QQ following through with a weak continuation bet scared of the ace. AK, AA are also possibilities.

I call planning to raise the turn / bet if he checks (bad / terrible???)

turn (pot $60ish): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

so this is my gin card. Villain checks. I do NOT follow through with my plan and bet. Instead I check behind (???).

River ($60ish): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

the river completes the 3 card flush and gives me 8s full over tens. Villain checks, I bet $50 and Villain insta pushes for his last $100. Hero?

I feel like I played this hand wrong on every street.

Hand No. 2 - 6 handed UB

Opening raiser has been opening / raising a lot of pots. BB has only recently sat down and I have not yet seen him raise PF. I have $170 and cover the table. I have been playing quite aggressivly, raising about 1/3 of the hands PF. Player to my immediate left has re-raised me small a few times, seemingly to isolate and I have either folded PF or laid down on the flop to his CB. I also showed down a bluff a few hands ago where I overbet pushed the turn with A2o after PF raising on the button and then re-raising a min-check raiser on a 986 rainbow flop and a 6 on the turn.

Hero picks up black kings in the cutoff. MP1 opens for $3.50, hero re-raises to $12, BB makes it $30.

Hero calls (push here always? I have position and I figure that a push folds TT, JJ always and QQ / AK usually. Fold? can this 2nd re-raise be anything but AA?).

Flop (pot $65ish): Jxx rainbow. BB open pushes for $55-ish.

do you ever fold this hand PF or on the flop? do you ever not add me to your buddy list?

edited to fix suits