Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: I think I have to quit...(NC)

To be honest, I'm suprised this thread is still alive.
Look, I have had worst days than this..and this is my point. If I am getting this pissed over a day where I'm still making a profit, then its clear I can't handle this form of poker...at least not exclusively like I have been playing it lately.
Because of this, I think its clear that it isn't about the money won or lost...its about being in lvl 6, and finally picking up a hand and pushing, only to be called by someone with a terrible hand, and they suck out on me, leaving me in 3rd, or 4th. If this happens to knock me out of 1 in 4 tournies...then big deal, that's how things happen, favroite hands don't win everytime. But when it happens in 9 out of 10 tournies...I can't handle that.
I'm a whiner..admittedly...but at least I know it, and will adjust accordingly.

By the way, at NL50, I don't think I've had a night where my AA all in was called by Q4o, and my KK push was called by 85o or equivelants. These situations will always occur in SNG's given the structure..and I can't handle a night full of them.