Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 06:38 AM

Default still losing after 20000 hands in 1/2 (LC)

Ok, so after 20000 hands I can’t beat 1/2 SH. What is the way to beat it?

I play tight pf. Raise my good hands. Used to isolate LAGs but it won’t work because no one after me is folding. I am aggressive on the flop / turn with good hands (TP etc.). I play middle pair if the pot is big and I have the odds to call OR if HU then I don’t need so big of odds. If the pot is big and the bet comes from my right, I try to cut the field by raising. Draws, I play heavily when I have equity. UI overcards I usually check/fold unless against < 3 opponents and then when the board is “safe”. I do not semibluff because no one is gonna fold. I just valuebet. I am more agg with marginal hands when in position. So pretty solid preflop and postlfop. Maybe little too tight postflop but can that be so bad???

Well clearly this style ain’t working. My money goes to players who play 35-45 and are über agg. So clearly they are playing the better style for SH.

Any tips how to win in 1/2?
For example today I was playing with players that took the showdown if they had any pair or A-high and I lost ~40BB. How do you beat these guys? Waiting for good hands don’t work because top pair don’t hold up against 4 players (at least not mine tp).
The stats were:
60/22
67/0
88/15
40/4
45/3

OK, if you have no reads, how do you play against them?

I have friends here (in 2+2) and other places that say 1/2 is really pain in the ass! One mate tried 1/2 for awhile, went busted. Moved to 3/6 and is printing money after many thousands of hands. Or course you would think that the higher the limit, better the players. Maybe they don’t chase so much. Chasing makes these microgames so high variance. And of course, if they chase without the odds it is good for you in the long run! But in the long run we are all dead! Would like some profits BEFORE that. If I am honest, I don’t really that way. If I can’t win here, I can’t win in higher limits.

Should I stop playing SH and try full tables for awhile? Many good players here have said that SH is so different ballgame. Maybe I just don’t know how to beat it? Anyway, I am not gonna play in 1/2 anymore. I will take a shot in 2/4 or 3/6 and see how it goes.

If anyone here has played against me, tell me what you think. My screenname is kakkuli.

About the stats:
I posted stats after 10000 hands and you all told me to be more agg postflop and specially the river. It is still low but hey, it was 1.08 in 10000 hands ago so I have been more agg. Other streets have also improved.

Lately my blind play has been improving, thanks to POKHERLH but I guess that is still a leak.

The funniest thing is that everyone is saying that you don’t even have to be smart at win micros. Even a dog can do it, LOL I don’t want to believe that I have IQ less than the dog [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And please don’t say 20000 hands are nothing. I have worked my ass of to get these hands. Played like a zillion hours. Had 2594 fights with my gf and with my neighbors (I yell and scream due to bad beats in the middle of the night). They definitely are worth something. And yep, I have paid $1000 in rake!! I am a fool!

ready for surprise ending?? My graph: