Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Funny Semibluff Outcome

Good 10/20 at la Borgata. It's getting late and it's down to 7 handed. I am dealt the fairly famous 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind. Folded to a weak opponent on the button, who calls, sb completes, and I of course check.

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'll take it. SB will bet almost anything here and fold on the turn if he doesn't really have a hand. He bets out, and I semibluff raise with the most powerful hand in poker to attempt to pop out the button, who will only call if he has at least a pair. The button furrows his eyebrows, stares at the cards, and calls. Great. The SB calls. The turn comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I don't really like my hand as much, but I believe I can represent the 8 here if the SB doesn't bet again, and take it down. SB checks, I bet, button immediately calls and SB sends it to the muck. I cross my fingers. The dealer burns and throws down the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Welp. This one didn't get there. I don't even want to mess around mr. weak-tight-gone-calling station, and I know he must have at least 8s over sixes. I check and grab my cards to send them to the muck for a bet.

Well, my opponent checks, and says "Hope you don't have a 6," he turns over 44 and says "2 pair". A huge grin comes to my face. "2 pair, 7 kicker" and I turn over my monster. The dealer starts to push the pot towards me whilt the table laughs and my opponent is very confused. I felt a little bit bad for him, but then he called me an "f-ing fish" and grabbed his chips and left, beat red. I was a little shocked at his reaction, but I probably didn't stop laughing for 45 minutes afterward. Whaddya think, how would you have played this hand?
-James