Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Another SS post....Micro views rock!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Page 86 of SSH reccomends folding easily dominated hands if it comes back to you for two after limping, folding AJ in a multiway pot is the actual example given!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the example in question... your rendition suggests it was offsuit, in which case, I agree. If you're going to quote SSH examples, maybe you can find the ones pertaining to raising any two suited broadway (might be first-in only) in loose games.

In any event, this might be one of those cases Ed Miller talks about with regards to experienced players "taking off the training wheels" and adapting to table conditions. If I'm looking at the early limpers and seeing that they are "any two" guys, I'm going to treat the hand like I'm first-in with dead money already in the pot and outplay them after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked this up in SSH - first it says to "tighten up almost as much as you would if cold-calling a raise" when it's two bets back to you pf.

Then the example: you limp from UG, someone else limps, MP raises, button reraises, and BB calls. So with 10.5 small bets in the pot, and two players to act behind you, the recommendation is to call with pocket 8s (and the like), and fold AJo. (p. 86-87)

So there's no discussion of suited hands, but IMO we can call here with connectors JTs and up, and the only one gappers would be AQs and KJs. And isn't this hand a perfect example of folding pf so we don't have tough decisions postflop?

Very interested to see ranges for the rest of you in this situation.

I'm still not sure we shouldn't be reraising the flop.