Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Just in Case...

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> So, unless the person freely gave up his own body, then that body that now has the criminal's brain, belongs to the non-criminal, and should not be destroyed. </font>

Hmm, this is interesting and I admit somewhat surprising. So if George is a mass murderer who is on death row and Harry is a do-gooder, and their brains are transplanted, you feel Harry's body should get a reprieve from execution (try to omit any personal opinions on the death penalty itself)? Would you go a step further and say it should be released from the confinements of jail?

Very interesting, because I do see your point about ownership of bodies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's imperative that George (his brain) is not released to cause further harm. If it's possible, his brain should be removed from Harry's body (if it is still Harry's body), and transplanted back into his own body (if it is still his own body).

If that is not possible, then I'd say it's more important for George (his brain) not be released, than it is for Harry to get his body back.