Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 AM

Default Help, I Need Direction....

All,

First, let me thank you all for the information that I've already gleaned from this board. I do a lot of lurking here.

Secondly, even though my time in the OIC was relatively short, I would like to thank you all for what I learned there. I had only been playing THE for about 2 weeks before the OIC and it taught me more over the course of a week than I could have learned at a normal .50/1.00 table in three or four months.

Now, let me explain my situation, and then ask for your input. I am a quick learner, an honor student, and the type of person who always catches onto things quickly. That being said, I decided to pick up poker to fill any free time that I had, so rather than just throwing away cash, I picked up Lee Jones/Winning LLHE and S/M--Advanced HE and read them both cover to cover then back over again before even playing a freeroll.

The day that I found this site JHE announced that he was putting the OIC together. I realized that this would be a tremendous opportunity to play against skilled opposition for real money, so I jumped in with both feet. Well, my bankroll didn't last too long [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but it wasn't a bad thing. Towards the end of that fifty dollars I started to hold my own a little. Yes, I still got outplayed, but I started to realize why. I also learned the value of keeping an even temper while taking this abuse. I have a very long way to go, but I feel that I'm ahead of the curve by knowing what my biggest weaknesses are.

My biggest question is where should I go to continue to learn and build bankroll? I have been playing .50/1.00, and probably need to continue to build at that level for awhile. Is there any particular site that might fit me? I tend to be tight, but possibly not as agressive as I need to be. I seem to get more agressive as I gain experience and confidence, but may fold in some situations that I need to play out.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and would welcome any other advice that you all could provide.

Thanks.

Dangolf