Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Laying Down KK preflop?

There has been a lot of hands, and 2 or 3 this week that have talked about folding KK preflop.

In most posts that I've seen spanning a couple different forums that I view, the majority of responses are not to fold KK(this is good advice) and then the poster comes and tries to justify his fold based on the read(it's also good to follow your strong reads).

Here's the bottom line regarding posts of folding KK preflop. If you really feel you made a good decision (and people have made great laydowns with KK, there is no doubt) then feel good about it and smile... cheer if opp shows AA, whatever. BUT... don't expect to post the HH without results, ask for opinions and get a response other than 'don't fold KK preflop'.

We can't make the same read based on the HH, nor can we get a 'feel' for the table based on a paragraph description. So even if you made a great dead-on read and dumped your KK, your going to get the same response because it is rarely a good idea to lay down KK preflop (notice i didn't say never).

The FAQ should probably be amended to say something to this affect in regard to KK posts.