Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Q8

live 20/40 game wednesday afternoon at bay101

i just came back from the bathroom and wandering around and i post my blind in the CO (BB + SB). its a pretty good game and i'm up a bit off of some sets i flopped.

An aggressive asian surpisingly limps UTG. Bland UTG+1 and UTG+2 limps. A young'n trying to play well limps in MP1. Bland MP2 follows suit. Then the hijack ruins the fun and raises.

I look down at my cards and see Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and make the call. The button and the SB both fold. BB calls.

8 way action for 17 small bets.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. UTG bets. UTG+1 folds. UTG+2 folds. MP1 raises. MP2 folds. Hijack 3-bets. I make a deep reach into my stack and cap it.

BB quickly gets out of the way. UTG stares for a long hard second, shakes his head muttering something about AT and folds. MP1 quietly does the same and the hijack calls. Just me and him heads up now.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG jumps out of his seat and moans. Hijack checks. I check.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks and I check.

He flips over JJ and I muck.

And UTG wants to kill me.