Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: How Often Do You Donk The Turn Here?

This is kind of one of those situations that I was talking about. I think this is def a hand that you want to get to showdown with but the real question is how do you do it? Checkraising the flop is always an option, but as you said I think that route gets met with a lot of resistance. Lots of raising on the turn that puts you in tough spots. If I was villian i would fold to your bet here, but usually when I try this move it doesn't work to well for me either. I think I will flop checkraise the highes majority of the time, pull your line some of the time, and just call down some of the time to if I know he likes to keep firing.

I'm not real sure if I like the bet in this situation though because that T seems like a card that could have very easily hit him. What are you doing if he raises you in this spot? I still want to see a showdown as I'm not really convinced you are behind, but its not a fun situation.

What was your reasoning behind not three betting out of the BB? Were you just looking to switch it up or what? This seem like a hand that you probably win easily on the turn if you would have three bet pf. I dunno, just my thoughts, at least I responded this time [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]