Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Theories on Stars rebuy MTT\'s

I've only been on Stars for a month. Played a bunch of these little rebuy tournys like the 45k, 25k, the $5 rebuys, etc. Are these things whacked or what?

I've seen as many as 100 rebuys at a table during the first hour! All-in 3-4 ways with any two ! Ya'all know what I mean.

My practice has been to mostly just watch and join in when I have a premium hand only. Figuring to often times be wayway ahead of teh majority. Now this hasnt always worked...in fact it often doesnt and I get to make a rebuy myself. But for the most part, during that first hour I may only drag 1-3 pots. And my vpip is usually 12-15%. It just doesnt seem worth it to join the all-in fest with 76s cuz your getting 3:1. Or KQs AJo (probably better than most these yayhoos hands tho) etc.

So is it worth it to go rebuy crazy trying to hit 2-4 key pots? Or be patient and try to just have an edge against the wookies?

I suggest that if I can just be near or slightly above the avg stack by the break then I'm fine. But that does require winning 1-2 all-ins too. I kinda look at it like if I can, I want to make no more than 1 rebuy and an add-on if possible. It appears that the rebuy ratio hovers around 3.5-5 per player. So I am trying to work with the $$ overlay. Does this make sense? Or am I on glue and looking at this wrong?

I really want to hear how many of you approach these things.

Best wishes