Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Atlantis Side Games

If you get a bagel/roll, fruit, juice and coffee for breakfast I think it was $18. All you can eat breakfast was $25-$30 I believe. I travel alot on business and eat well and I would compare the prices to nice restaurants in New York. Definitely more expensive than Chicago (where I live).

I just checked room rates for the weak of the tournament and it is $4500 to $5500 for room only! There are much cheaper hotels in the area (I seem to recall that there used to be a Days Inn near Atlantis). I stayed at a Hilton just across the bridge in Nassau the first time I went to the Bahamas that was decent and more reasonable but you would have to cab to the Atlantis ($10 maybe).

If you are playing in the tournament buying in through Stars is actually a good value ($3000 gets you a room and I believe a $1000 meal plan). The rooms they gave last year were in the nicer part of the resort so they would be the $5500 rooms quoted now.