Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Low Limit OL Observations from cash game player

I am a winning player at $5 $10 NL B&M games and in the past I have been an OL loser. I decided to try OL again, $50 NL, 4 tableing and have started doing well and have learned a lot and am seeking feedback.

First off, I am using Poker Tracker and have been unable to find useful benchmarks for the various variables. Any suggestions?

I have been playing very tight and aggressive OL, raising all premium hands (onless UTG) making continuation bets and in many cases betting out draws just as strongly as my made hands. I have found it is a much better EV play to raise marginal hands late with a couple of limpers and making a continuation bet then it is to limp and try to make a hand with a marginal holding.

Its easier to practice moves at low limit and it it is giving me confidence in uncovering profitable betting opportunities.

I am very suprised to see how tight the play is at $50 NL compared to what I remember. My cash games see many more callers and loose plays. Generally I find that bets mean what they say online and players are very reluctant to call with less than TPTK.

Another profitable play is betting out flops that are likely to missed the one or two players involved. Usually a face card with no draws is a great flop to bet out in an unraised pot. I have also had great sucess with a a raise in position with a draw when I see a weak bet made at the pot.

I always complete the small blind in an unraised pot because of pot odds but I am starting to think this is a leak in my game.

I feel its better to 4 table $50 then 1 table $200.

Any input or comments would be appreciated.