Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 12:45 PM

Default 3/6 QQ 3 handed vs wild one

Here is a hand I played awhile ago that's been bothering me.

I sat down about 5 minutes or so ago. Villain is sitting on 4 buyins stack (which is pretty rare in that game) and seems to be feeling good about himself. From my previous brief session with him I recall labeling him somewhat donkinsh, but aggressive. He was involved in a few huge pots with very marginal hands, like TP no kicker, but IIRC, those hands were against a maniac on pretty dry boards.

He is trying to run the table over betting and raising left and right. So far he hasn't met much resistance. I have called a few of his pot bets on the flop (not very usual to see pot bets in this game), only to give up on the turn to another pot bet or so.

Hero ~600
Villain ~2400

I pick up Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button and raise to 22. Villain calls in BB.

Flop ($47): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets $50, I call.

Turn ($147): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets $130, I call.

River ($407): 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain thinks and bets $130, I push for ~400 I have left.

What do you think? I'll post my thoughts after a while.