Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Poor etiquette?

Live 20/40 Stud at the Commerce

Great game. A few ridiculous fish and the rest mostly mediocre regulars. A few decent players occasionally, usually waiting for the 30 game.

As it was getting past 4 in the morning, I had already decided this was going to be my last hand.

The 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] brings it in, the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls, and I look down at (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I complete. The T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] cold call behind, and it's five of us to fourth street. Great. Just what I wanted. A multiway pot with split queens.

The 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] catches the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is high. He quickly bets and the the next guy with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] catches the 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and calls. It's up to me and I have (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Digusted with the donk bet from the ace I think about folding but decide there's too good of a chance I have the best hand or will make the best hand. So I raise. The rest of the field clears out.

5th:
P1: (xx) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P2: (xx) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Me: (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

My board is getting scarier. Moreover I just caught an ace so now I'm quite confident I have the best hand. I'm high with the A-Q, I bet, and both call. By the way, at this point I'm only worried about P1. He could have the case A, or even something like a strangely played KK in the hole. I think P2 has something stupid like a wheel draw. He's definitely a chaser.

6th:
P1: (xx) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
P2: (xx) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Me: (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet again and both of them call.

On the river I hit nothing, the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I decide to bet and probably fold to a raise. P1 thinks for a while, says, "Did you miss everything?" I say nothing, and after about 15 seconds he calls. P2 folds.

I say, "One pair." He says, "One pair of what?" I say "Queens" as if it should be obvious as I turn over my hand. He says, "That's no good. I have aces." Why the hell would he say "One pair of what?" if he has aces and it's impossible for me to have aces? Personally I think it's poor etiquette there. Not as bad as slow rolling, but pretty close.