Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Citizenship Abroad to Avoid Paying Taxes...

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who is attacking KKF for wanting to leave the US - shut up. This thread is not about whether or not KKF's beliefs are right. This thread is KKF asking us how he can change his citizenship to another country. So please, spare the 'people like you make me puke comments'.

KKF, I think if you're going to choose a country, the UK would be the best. Same language, modern, well-developed, and no taxes on gambling, whether you're a pro or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd prefer Australia or New Zealand over the UK if I was going to be doing something like this. All the same advantages you mentioned, and the prices and cost of living are much cheaper than in the UK. It is NOT easy to immigrate to Australia though, even if you're married/engaged to an Aussie. Easiest way to get in is to have a skill that they're looking for (computer software engineer, chef, etc. - "professional online poker player" isn't one of them) or bring about $500,000 working capital and agree to set up a business there. Don't know about New Zealand in that regard.

--Scott