Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 07:03 PM

Default 200 NL. QQ on a monotone board

Literally the first hand, so not even the stats have appeared. I post behind the button with QQ. 2 limpers and I make it 12. The early one folds and the late calls.

The flop is J93 and 3 hearts and I have no heart. I found this to be a very sticky spot and had a few questions about how to approach it.

1. Sometimes I check it in this spot, looking to get a blank turn, so the pot doesnt inflate. Good or bad?

2. In this case, I elected to go with a full pot bet($25)(because of the board), instead of my usual 3/4 or so.

3. The villian now min checkraises to $50. Absolutely lost here.

4a)Assume I call and the turn is a low blank and he bets $50-$100(which to me seems like a value bet). Then what? It seems like a fold, but then why did I call the flop? In the hope that he checks it down?

4b) If the turn is a heart(not the Q), then any bet by me has to be a bluff? I would think it is better to bet the river and not the turn for two reasons. First, most players wouldnt check the ace or king twice, so if they fire the river, I think I can usually fold. Second, if he has a set, hes going to call the turn, and I wont know where I am anyways.

I'd love to hear some other thoughts on the hand.

Thanks as always,
Jason