Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I can't find the hand, but at Full Tilt 1/2, I limped on the button with 33 after 2 EP limpers. The BB raised, and all 3 called. My 100+ hand read was that I had 3 LAGs who would play any 2 suited or better.

Flop came A 3 3. BB bet, EP1 called, EP2 raised . . .

I thought for almost the max time trying to decide if I should raise or donk cold call 2. The reasoning that won out was to cc and pray for the BB to re-raise. He had demonstrated a tendency to stay in the lead if he liked his hand, regardless of position. He did, and got 3 more calls.

Turn was Ks, putting 4 to the flush on the board. Same exact betting - I cold called 2 and was rewarded with a BB re-raise.

Riv completed the flush (BOO-Yeah!) BB bet, 1 call, EP2 raises (?!?) and now I raise. After a serious pause, BB capped, EP1 folded (finally? guess he couldn't beat a flush) and EP2 called, I called.

Results: Quad 3s>>>>>>>>Ks full of 3s>>>>>>>A high flush

The lesson was clear to me - think far more about your opponent's likely miopic view of their cards far more than your own. I actually think it is easier to focus on their likely holdings when yours is a no brainer. It also helps when donks also make their hands without noticing that you are along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.