Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 05:06 PM

Default $1000 Party PL hand

I limp (with intention of re-raising one player and playing the hand otherwise multi-way) with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP raises pot (loose/agg, will pot almost any flop he raised PF)

Button cold calls ( this means A2 and something to go with it IMO, maybe a PP, but guy isn't very agg but isn't a donk by any means, either)

BB calls (nothing remarkable about this player or my read on him)

Flop

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, MP pots,

Button Re-pots

I move all in and only MP has me covered.

Anybody here NOT make this play?

Assume that one has top set and at least one of them has some kind of low draw A2 A3 A4 A5, etc.,.

???
My friend reccomended a smooth call as I had enough equity to not run out anybody in this pot, and I argued that maybe i get Ax to fold here giving me (maybe) the only low draw, and he disagreed. His other point was that I could save myself some $ if the turn was a brick or if it paired the board. I disagree here, too, because there are too many cards that give me the nut one way or the other.

Tex