Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Small Stakes Logic-Against LAP\'s and LAG\'s

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but like I said I'm new to this forum so I wouldn't know one way or the other. I have been recently playing the .25-.50 games on party 6-max, and as you all know the play there is reckless and full of maniacs. my question would be what is the optimal strategy in these games and against these type of players? for instance (sorry i dont have any specific hands yet but i will soon get pokerttracker and be able to post them), but anyway for example i have had 7-8 suited or hands like A-J after a raise from a guys who raise every other hand, and i often wonder whats the optimal strategy to play against these guys. do you enter the pot with these marginal hands and try and outplay them, or wait for monsters and make them pay u off. also, how often should u pre-flop raise since ur likely to get 2 or 3 callers most of the time. you obviously can't bluff all that much either since these guys can't lay down anything when you attempt to semi-bluff a flush draw or something. its hard to wait and be patient at 6-max though because obviously the blinds go around quicker. any advice or links to threads on this topic would be helpful, i couldn't find anything in the search engine.