Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

One year ago I was just taking a break from the game, having played for about 4-5 months. I managed to somehow donk my way to $2k playing the $55s, one-tabling, lost the lot, redeposited for $100, lost that, did it again, got it back to $1.5k, all the time thinking 25 buyins or so was enough for the $22s, $33s and then $55s. In fact, I might have skipped the $33s, don't really remember. I thought I was a good player, but in reality I was pretty crap. Posted on 2+2 now and again, mostly was ignored though. Had no rakeback, was playing on Empire.

Now:

4-tabling the $109s, or sometimes 8-tabling the $55s. No longer think 25 buyins is even close to enough. Understand ICM and a fair bit more about tournament strategy. Still a donk at times, but always try to play to the best of my ability, and no longer afraid to be TAG rather than the weak-tightie I was before. Started back at the $10s when I came back in June and built up the $1.5k I had before, including rakeback, to where I am now. Always striving to learn more about the game though, and make sure to read as many hands as I can, including different opinions of how to play them. No longer think I'm amazing, just good enough to make at least a little money playing this crazy game we all love. (Well most of the time)