Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Really need help with this

Lets say i just started a session and im feelin great. the table is full of fish just waiting to hand over their money. and then bam the 3rd flush card comes on the river and he bets hard but i call with my top 2 pair. i say" o well what can you do he sucked out" but right there i start to feel bad. not bad because he made his draw, but i feel bad because i made a mistake that i know im better than.

but hey im still doin ok, i reload half my buy in and get back to it, cuz hey you know, theyre all fish, its easy money. Now i pick up AQ and raise it up, a LAG pushes reraises 4x my raise. it gets back to me i think for a second and push. he calls and has AK and i lose the buy in. now, i dont feel bad because i was "unlucky" to be against AK, i feel bad becasue i lacked the discipline(sP?)or skill to get away from the hand. sure hes a lag, but i could have played the hand much better. i guarantee you he would rerasie w/ more hand that beat my AQ than my AQ could beat. i know im good enough to make the correct move, but it just eats away at me when i make a donk play, or just make some instinctive/ not thought out play that wouldnt and couldnt work against these players.

i guess my question is do any of you get upset or "tilted" i guess, just becuase you make a mistake. it just really gets to me when i know im good enough to kill these guys but either i lack the discipline or just dont think and make a retarded play. does this happen to anyone else? how do you fix this huge leak? i really need replies here thanks.