Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 PM

Default My first hand that is posted.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)

-UTG and MP3 is pretty unknown to me since i haven't played many hands with them before this hand, but as many others at 0.10/0.20, i think their are loose and not skilled players.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9s, 9h.
UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds, UTG caps, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

-When UTG raises i think that if i'm gonna win the pot I have to try to get HU on the flop and win with my high pair strenght (of course hitting a third 9 would be nice), so I three-bet hoping that nobody behind me will call.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8c, Qd, 7c (3 players)
UTG bets, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

-When i see a Q on the flop and UTG bets, i still think that I should'nt fold cause i think that it's a big chance that my pair is still the best hand. I'm thinking and reading a textured flop, but the time is running out, so i just call.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5h (3 players)
UTG bets, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 8d (3 players)
UTG bets $0.15 (All-In), Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I feel that i was way too passive cause i did'nt raise post-flop (making MP3 fold and increase the chance to be drawn out) and on the turn since I belived that my 99 was probably the best.But because of the Q i just called it down. Would it be better to raise post-flop or just fold? Did i play really bad or OK?

I'm a new player from Norway and have read an re-read SSH, and play 3-table at 0.10/0.20. I will soon move up to 0.25/50. I'm kind of poor so that's also a reason why i'm playing micro-limit. I don't personaly know any good limit-players so like many others i study much on my own.

Thanks for comments on the hand