Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Idiot Professors and what to do with them?

Ok I have this professor for an anthropology class who basically walks into class passes around an attendance sheet for the 75+ students then takes questions.

The questions are always at least 40 minutes of "how do you want this assignment done, when do you want this assignment done etc...".

Normally I would say the students are morons but in this case they're not. This professor seriously comes up with some new assignment every day, and changes at least two of the assignments from the previous days. These assignment changes are drastic mind you, for instance one assignment was to write 30 pages on a "culture" outlining its belief system and foods due Dec 1st. Last week she changed this to read 3 books on cultures and write 5 pages about each book. Furthermore the final assignment has been changed about 6 times.

After answering the questions of what assignment and the like is due, she turns on a national geographic video, two if time permits, and the class disburses to repeat the whole thing over again.

My concern is that this teacher is going to give me a crap grade and there is nothing I can do about it. I've turned in over 5 assignments so far and not once seen one returned, or been given a grade for any of them, I have no idea where I stand as far as performance goes.

She has stated that she lost the first two assignments for the entire class, and then she implied that she can't find the third assignment, the other two she "warned" us to have backup copies because you never know what may happen to her copies.

So the question is, what do I do to cover my ass? I'm thinking going to some dean or something and basically saying that she's a moron and point out instances where this is true BEFORE the grades come out.

I've had about three run in's with this professor already (she once stated that she "hated America" to which I went off a little about how no professor who feeds herself partially off of state and federal funds should state that in a classroom.) and really really do not want to be powerless when grades come out to retaliate against her.

Ideas?