Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: QQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to checkraise, I think you could raise preflop and still get a checkraise in on the flop quite often. You check the flop with 6 guys to act one of them will decide to bet, especially because your hand will look like AK to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, good stuff. Then when they see you play this way with QQ, you also stand a better chance of getting a free card when you raise from the bb with Ak and the flop comes J85.

There is no rule that I know of which says that you must bet the flop when you raise preflop.

In fact, my standard play here would be to raise preflop and check on the J85 flop to checkraise a player to my right. If a player to my left bets and a couple of guys call, I would still checkraise now - for value rather than limiting the field - and sow some doubt in their minds that I flopped a set of jacks.

Just calling the flop - because the bet came from your left - is inferior to checkraising. Lots of stuff can happen on the turn which may foil your plans to checkraise on the turn. For example, if an ace or King comes, you may have to bet it yourself as the action might get checked through if they put you on Ak. Also if the turn is a 9 or something and the board is now J985, a bet and a raise ahead of you may leave you in a quandary as to what to do with your qq.

All kinds of crap can happen. You should decloak on the flop. Besides, as Mike l. said, they would never put you on QQ since you didn't raise preflop and someone with a hand as "weak" as KJ may go to war with ya.