Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Hand from Hollywood Park

This hand is a little fuzzy in my mind, but I thought it was interesting.

$2-$3 blinds $100 max buyin.
First some reads:
The table: in general the table was pretty passive, lots of limping preflop, and a lot of players liked to be overly tricky when they had a hand. There were two players who seemed decent, and the villian was one of them. I had been at the table for a few hours.

My image: I think my image at the table was as a solid player who sometimes got a little out of line. I was not being very loose at this point, but the table may view that I had been. I did show a 64s after I raised it pre-flop, and made a cont bet to take down a small pot. I had been pretty agressive when I was in a hand.

Villian: He had by far the most chips at the table, and had been playing a long session (possibly over 24 hours). I had played with this guy once before, and he always struck me as a tight ABC player. I could not remember if the other time we had played together how I had been playing or what he might think about me. Also, one read was if he raised preflop from early position, he had AA, KK, AK, AQ, JJ, and possibly TT.

Preflop:
First, I think I should have folded preflop, and would have except I was running back from the bathroom when the action was to me, and I thought the guy who was actually in the BB had raised, and not the villian oops, anyway here is how the action went:

Important stacks:
Villian - over $1500
Hero - ~$350

Villian raises to $15 (seems big but is actually standard on this table). 2 callers to me in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I call, button calls, and the BB calls.

Flop ($92) - j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian bets $35, fold, fold, Hero calls $35, fold fold

Turn ($162) - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian bets $30, Hero raises to $90, Villian thinks about it for a little bit and calls.

River ($342) - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets $100 (leaving ~ $100 behind)