Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Hat trick on the turn

I have pulled this trick several times and almost everytime it is successful. I was wondering if any of you do it.

Say you are on the button and raise with a nice raising hand vs 3-4 callers. The flop comes and completely misses you and in fact looks like it would help any of the limpers. All check because they are wimps and you check because there are so many limpers that you can't possibly be ahead by the board.

The board pairs the 3 and everyone checks again. now I bet immidiately and they all fold. I usually make a very quick check on the flop that looks real suspicious and quick bet te turn. They all delay in their thinking but eventually fold like I was trapping with top set. It seems to work most of the time. I am sure these fish are holding marginal hands that have me beat but because they fear that BIG TRAP they fold. But the board has to be just so to pull this off.

I see this done when a fish is trying to trap you. They limp you raise, the call. Flop comes they check you bet then call calmly. Then turn comes REAL dangerous and you missed completely with 4 cards out fish checks, you check beacuse you are sure you are behind.... River comes and the fish immidiatly bets because he missed check raising you with a set on the turn.

Thoughts?