Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Getting a large amount of money online \"out\"? (taxes)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since when does information get you thrown in jail? And since when did I ever say I had this much online?

FWIW, I have several magnitudes of order less than this. I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several implies at least three so if we use $400,000 as your reference then you only have $400 to withdraw. I think you are pretty safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I ask a question about how far I could hit a golf ball on the moon, because I'm not on the moon currently, I'm not allowed to ask the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute ... now you're telling us you want to withdraw money from Neteller to an undisclosed location on the moon? And you are also in the Magnitude of Order Society? Get outta' here.

Actually, I think there is a way to do this legally. If you file as a professional gambler, I believe you can put a lot of your winnings in a 529 plan or some such. I'm not sure if that number is correct, but I believe there is some type of 401(k)-like plan for self-employed people that allows them to defer taxes on income until they are 65 or something. Of course, you wouldn't have unrestricted access to the money until you were almost dead, but you could probably borrow against it.

However, after reading a few of your posts, I doubt that you will ever have to worry about having a large bank account, be it domestic or foreign. As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.