Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Should I wear sunglasses and baseball cap to a major tournament?

[ QUOTE ]
If I win an entry to a major tournament, should I wear sunglasses and a baseball cap? How about to a $500 tournament? Would that be/appear silly?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you win an entry into a major tourney and you haven't played one before, you should do what will make you most comfortable. Changing your sartorial approach at the last minute probably won't help your game that much but it can put you out of your comfort zone, and that can be disasterous. I've misread a T4 in the hole as an A4, with predictably bad results, because my sunglasses had too much tint.

Nonetheless, when I play home games I generally wear glasses, and a hat of some variety and I've been known to fire up my CD player. I always bring all three. I also don't spend a second thinking about what people think of my clothes beyond how it would affect my image. I'm certainly not concerned with looking "silly". There's just so many other things to think about- why waste extra energy on your look?

-D.