Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: A note on the idea of WAWB

[ QUOTE ]
3) Here's a closer situation. You have KK vs a complete maniac. Let's say his stats are 50/30/2. The flop comes AA2. There could be an argument made for check/calling, but I think because his hand range is so large, you need to make sure more than 2.5 BBs go in postflop. If he shows you ace-trash-offsuit, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your off here, and this is a great WAWB line against a LAG. His hand range preflop is less important than his postflop willingness to call down raises with low pocket pairs or undercards. It might depend on your definition of maniac, but relatively few are going to give more action when a TAG "us" raises a board when we very likely could have the hand we represent. I think it might be close even if you took away the possibility the maniac had an trip aces. Just the times he misses, you will make more money letting him try and bet you off. The only move I might try would be leading the turn or river and letting him try and blow you off a hand. Any real sign of strength doesn't accomplish much IMO.