Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Slow Play? #1 (PLO8)

[ QUOTE ]
Its how the
higher limit players make their money,
exploiting flukes like quads against overfulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that finds the suggestion that people are making most of their money by explioting quads vs. overfull flukes hilarious? Show me a guy that can extract the maximum with quads and not payoff the maximum when he is holding the overfull, and I am sure I will show you a guy pissing away ten times the chips he saves by treading too carefully on the overfull when the opponent doesn't have quads. I know this is almost a direct quote from Steve Badger's site, so I am not sure how much personaly experience you have playing in the bigger games online, but I watch them quite a bit and the play is nothing like a bunch of folding until a big quads vs. FH hand happens.

How often do you make quads? I make them probably much less often than once a week (granted I don't play as much as some do). You are telling me that they are playing for an opportunity that may come up much, much less often than once a week (much much less because they have to make low quads and have a big full house possible). This idea seems totally preposterous to me.