Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: SO how long have you been playing 10/20 or lower?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think things are necessarily bad. It is just that when I first started 5/10 full and then 5/10 short, now 10/20 full. I just get the feeling I am not too far ahead of the "raging horde".

Now at the 5/10 levels, I feel I have a sufficient edge. Which is not to say that I am smacking them around and about to start making Bicyclekick style posts about how I destroy games. But yes comfortable at 5/10.

However through my first 5,000-7,000 hands at 10/20, I really don't see/feel a very comfortable edge at this point. Even moreso than I did starting 5/10, except it is more pronounced.

I realise that I will continue to adjust. But my mind is on the higher levels as well. When I look at how much effort/thought I had to put into 5/10 and now seeing that I have my work cut out for me at 10/20. I just wonder how many more times I can pull off the level jumping thing.

It just seems for some people these transitions are reltively effortless. The fact that I have to work so hard to do it makes me wonder if I have some inherent defect when it comes to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flair, for what it's worth your PT stats look pretty good from the times I've played against you. Come to think of it, everyone's stats look good when they play against me. Maybe you just need to find more fish like me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, you are far from a fish.