Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: something i have been doing of late

it could just mean that the tables are tighter which means that he has more attemps to steal the blinds. his BB will often be raised more because the game is more aggressive so that adds to his vpip as well. the 5/10 game has a 2/5 structure whereas the 10/20 game has a 1/2 structure so he might be completing more even though this seems contradictory to what i have just said about being in a more aggressive game. its very plausible that he hasnt changed any of his standards and his vpip/pfr naturally increased without running hot.

however, unless his postflop play improved (which it probably did), he almost certainly wasnt playing enough hands at 5/10 or is playing too many hands at 10/20. i see this kind of stuff all the time. people move up to 50/100 or 100/200 and think its ok to openraise K9o in the HJ as a standard when they never would have done that in a 10/20 game. its like they got a b12 shot right into their brains giving them a full blown attack of ego. if K9o is not profitable in a 10/20 game then it almost certainly isnt profitable in a 100/200 game, at least not as a standard.