Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: The evolution of the mid-high stakes forum

[ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? How about if I describe the following opponent: she is smarter than you. she is able to judge whether or not you are going to think she will bluff. she recognizes the kinds of boards you think are "unbluffable", and the kind you don't. How should you decide whether or not to call? Do you want to go on trying to outguess her, when you know she is better than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure as hell am not flipping a coin to see if i should call or not.

[ QUOTE ]

You've made a few big river laydowns today. You don't know if she thinks you're playing weak today, or if she'll recognize that you're just playing the opponent. You get check-raised by her in a spot where she usually has you beat, but it's close. Call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call if i think I can be bluffed here a larger percentage of the time than my pot odds, fold otherwise.

It seems to me that you somehow think that if someone will bluff me 10% of the time amd the pot is offering me 9 to 1 i should call him 90% and fold 10%. That's just wrong.