Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Flopped nuts - really stupid play - or very unlucky?

I'm leaning towards really stupid....

Villain is pretty solid - but is a table coach - he is ripping into other players and laughing at their plays - and calling out their hands (he hasn't got one right yet - at least for me) - this doesn't bother me - I can give as good as I get - and I tend to stick up for other players as I want the fish to come back and play some more in the long run...

I've been looking for a hand to flatten him with - so have been limping hands like Ax suited and PP - and calling up to 4BB PF (especially if Villain was the PF raiser) hoping sooner or later to catch a hand and bring him down to size....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 ($49.50)
UTG+2 ($47.75)
MP1 ($71.25)
Hero ($80.71)
MP3 ($34.37)
CO (Villain)/ ($73.55)
Button ($115.98)
SB ($36.12)
BB ($141.40)
UTG ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO (Villain)/ raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $3</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP3 calls $6, Villain calls $3, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($32.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $10</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??? </font>

If I was to play this hand over I think I'd C/R much more on the flop - I went for speed and the insta-raise... Yes I really was so excited about flopping a nut flush AND having Villain bet against me that I forgot to read the boad properly...

comments , criticism and general flames to the usual address.....

MA.